Sunday, October 21, 2007

Hagen Daz Vienna International Airport Vienna Austria

Air Quick TH 3 - Hagen Daz Take Away
Vienna International Airport (the Transit area)
1300 Wien
www.airrest.com
Vienna Austria
Map


Rating: 0 spoon

I had not eaten anything in a few hours and though that some ice cream would be a good deal. I approached the ice cream stand and placed my order for a single scoop in a cup. The lady asked which flavor I wanted and as they had so many it took me a while to find something that would whet my appetite.

I finally settled on Coconut Macaroon although I really wanted another flavor; Macadamia Nut Brittle that had nuts in it. As I have braces that was not an option :-(.

She reached for a cone and I told her that I wanted a cup. She said that you can only get a cup if you get two scoops minimum; I frowned and told her I was getting a cup as the cone was a little difficult to eat with braces. She recognized my plight and reached for a cup reluctantly.

Once back at the ice cream containers, she mumbled that they only do this for children; to which I replied, well, I guess I am child today. I don't think that went over very well.

She finished her chore and instructed me to pay EUR 2.40, so I forked over a credit card; well, that put her over the edge! She instructed me that she does not accept a credit card for anything under 7.00 EUR. She then commenced to scoop the ice cream back into the rest of the container; pausing for a moment to ask me if I had any kind of cash at all; to which I responded, "No." I had cash, Euros, British pounds and USD, but at this point I really refused to patronize the establishment any longer. she continued and scooped the ice cream back into the main container and had the worst body language I've seen in a while.

I left the counter and started to look for other things to eat; not finding anything that was reasonably priced (this airport is so expensive), I settled on some Gosser beer at the establishment across from the ice cream place. And guess what, they had no issue accepting my credit card for the 3.20 EUR purchase. I wanna end this review with some other phrase, but I must restrain myself...

No comments: